What Is Microsoft Azure in Simple Terms?
In simple terms, Microsoft Azure, formerly known as Windows Azure, is Microsoft's public cloud computing platform. By providing access to a large collection of services including platform as a service (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS), as well as managed database service capabilities, it's a digital solution that can be used for analytics, virtual computing, storage, networking, and much more.
Microsoft Azure enables users to:
- Create Microsoft and/or Linux cloud-based virtual machines
- Deploy business or enterprise applications
- Manage group policy, authentication, etc.
- Store data safely and securely
- Get SQL databases as a service
How can Microsoft Azure help my business?
- Microsoft Azure lets you create virtual machines in mere minutes and host applications and services as if you were running them in your own data center.
- With its PaaS tools, Azure enables you to deploy applications easily and provide scalable access with minimal downtime risks, saving you time and money.
- With just a few clicks, Azure’s Active Directory Domain Services let you move your security structure to the cloud with minimal risks.
- With Microsoft's robust infrastructure, you can store data in the cloud safely and securely.
- With Azure, you also get unlimited SQL relational databases as a service from Microsoft, which saves you from expenses such as costly hardware upgrades.
What are the qualities of an Azure DevOps engineer?
An Azure DevOps engineer is a professional who has acquired the necessary expertise in Azure DevOps technology. They are certified to provide automated solutions to business problems through the creation of valuable products. They develop, design, and implement infrastructure that can be used for long-term collaboration, integration, monitoring, and feedback. Becoming an Azure DevOps Engineer will help you to become a true problem solver.