What Is a Digital Workplace?
A digital workplace is a virtual workstation where employees can perform their job activities using digital tools. It is a cloud-based platform with useful collaborative tools, applications, data management functions, and storage systems. The tools range from core business applications to email, instant messengers, document collaboration systems, enterprise social media tools, and virtual meeting tools. A digital workplace is a viable work arrangement for remote and hybrid employees. Both safety and accessibility are crucial to any digital workplace. Employees should be able to work safely using a secured interface that they can access easily anytime, anywhere.
Microsoft 365 is a top-notch solution currently driving digital workplace technology all over the world. It provides a high-end digital workplace system that gives employees access to a wide range of digital tools needed for optimal performance. Other digital workplace solutions include Citrix Workspace, Wrike, Miro, Asana, and Bitrix 24.
What benefits does a digital workplace provide?
A digital workplace allows a company to:
- Improve work flexibility
- Automate standard business processes
- Manage collaborative projects remotely
- Attract a broader talent pool from across the globe
- Reduce reliance on physical resources
- Track and manage employee progress with minimal effort
- Generate reports digitally so that better decisions can be made