What is Sitecore Customer Data Platform?
Sitecore Customer Data Platform (CDP) is a tracking and analytics product that enables Sitecore users to collect data on online visitors’ behavior. It then combines the data obtained with enterprise customer data and analyzes it to provide insight into customers’ needs and behavior. This helps organizations better understand their audience and fine-tune targeting, segmentation, and commercial offers.
Sitecore used a platform called Boxever as the basis for their CDP. The company acquired Boxever in Q1 2021. By then, it had become a leading product for real-time data collection, customer analytics, and content personalization.
Key Features of Sitecore CDP:
- It detects when customers are online, tracks their real-time behavior in web, mobile, and email channels, and immediately activates predictive models.
- It ties data obtained in real time with data from customer databases, datamarts, CRMs, and other second- and third-party data.
- It segments audiences according to common customer behaviors, characteristics, and transactions.
- It scores customers based on criteria such as the potential best time for interacting, the likelihood of a positive response or making a purchase, and customer lifetime value.
- It protects customers’ sensitive information.
How Sitecore CDP Is Integrated with a Website